It's attractive looking, bursts with many flavors, and so easy. With summer approaching, it's a perfect salad for outdoor eating as there's no mayonnaise to worry about keeping chilled.
It can easily be doubled or tripled for a large gathering. At home I serve on a small bed of lettuce.
Marie's Olive Salad
- In a bowl, add equal amounts of stuffed green olives and black pitted olives, 1 cup each.
- Add an equal amount of halved cherry tomatoes, or chopped tomatoes, 1 cup.
- Add thin halved slices of white or red onion, about a half cup, or chopped green onions.
- Add 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- Add parsley and oregano leaves, I used fresh, about 2 Tablespoons each, but dried works, just use less
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in a 1/2 cup of Italian dressing, bottled or homemade, mixing well to coat ingredients.
- Refrigerated at least 4 hours to marinate and let flavors blend.
- Optional: chopped green peppers can be added.
Estimated cost: $2.00 or less; .50 cents a serving or less.