Shucking Corn Made Easy

Corn on the Cob, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppIt's summer.... time for corn on the cob! There's nothing like it at picnics and BBQs. Farmers markets are starting up, so I'm watching for bargains and stocking up for the winter. 

I learned to freeze them with husks on so it's available year round, but husking and taking the silk off was a messy chore at cooking time.  That's until I saw videos showing a nifty microwave method.


Simply cut off thick end of cob about and inch or two, put corn in microwave husk and all, for 4 minutes per ear, then remove with gloves, as it's hot, and shake corn out.  It comes out clean as a whistle ready to season and eat.


We recently did this for a group BBQ microwaving two at a time, then I wrapped the two in foil with husks still on, and placed in the oven on warm until all were done and ready to serve.  When ready to serve, guests took off the foil, shook and squeezed out their corn out, then buttered and seasoned. I like butter, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.



Recently my market had corn on the cob @ 3 for $1.

Shucking Corn Made Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment